Thursday, August 11, 2005

Queen of the Quilts

Yesterday I had my quilts out and just tossed them onto a table after I'd finished with each of them. Lily is not one to miss out on an opportunity to sit on something new. New fabric pile on the dining room table? Gotta be on that. This tendency only applies for something that needs to stay clean. Dirty clothes on the floor, ho hum.

You can get an idea of what I use for fabric backings - whatever I have and don't like well enough to put on the front of a quilt. Now, that doesn't apply to the Halloween lap quilt (all that you can see on the right side of the pile) - I see and use both sides of that, so it didn't hurt me to use fun fabric on the back of that one. Still pieced different chunks together tho. I can see the orange and black checkerboard, orange with black spots, the stripey fabric with pumpkins and vines, the black with stars and some purple with a black paisley design that I actually like, but fades like crazy so has been banned from frontage.

1 comment:

Finn said...

What a beautiful Queen, Miss Lily is, and so regal there on your quilts.
There is quite a resemblence to my Charles Atlas, but lets don't tell her, I'm sure she is "ONE of a kind".
Love your backings, can't wait for October..*G*G*G* Finn who was fondling new halloween fabric today..*G*