I started a new project with my thrifted shirting fabric. I started by cutting squares and half-square triangles that finish at 2". I didn't know how I was going to sew them at first, but ended up deciding on Crown of Thorns:
I think my quilting friends almost fell out of their seats to see me working on these fabrics and in a traditional pattern. yeah, well, it happens. It's been too long in fact. I just wanted some mindless sewing to do and it's too hard to take bins and bins of strings when I go sew elsewhere. So the Anna quilt is temporarily on hold. Fun to see my works in progress together:
Well, some of my works in progress.
I'm also working on cutting up more shirts (Note to self: Must . stop . buying . shirts) when I can get them out from underneath the cats. Pokey:
and just for Dawn, another pic of Lily:
I shouldn't be sewing with new quilt blocks or cutting up shirts at all right now. I'm supposed to be sewing backings together. And working on this: