Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Capital W

W can be made like an E or like an M.

You can also decide to torture yourself and make it more complicated. I took approx 3" of my wide background and cut where I imagined my left-slanting legs of my W would be. A note at this point: the W will only end up as tall as your section is wide.
I sewed medium l-fabric to the left sides of my background as follows. I evened up the edges. Next I cut a slant into the middle bit of background, approx 1/4" over and did my strip insert maneuver with a narrow l-fabric. And added narrow l-fabric on the right side as well.

I cut out new bits of background to add to the sides of the W. Looking at the finished product, I probably should have cut down that middle area more. If I were obsessive about it, could take that middle seam out, recut and resew, but what would be the point of that?

No comments: