Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gosford Park


My sweetie had yesterday off. We watched Gosford Park for the fourth time. I really enjoy the movie and yet, even after so many viewings, I still have a hard time remembering who all the people are and how they relate to one another. Maybe that's why it's a film that can sustain repeated viewings. That and it's an English mystery - one of my favorite genres.

I've still been quilting on Space 4 Rent and actually have an entire block done - I've been skipping around a lot, not just focusing in on one area. I haven't been doing much sewing - one block a day, tho that does add up in the end.

I managed to pry myself out of the house yesterday to help my friend decide on a binding for her New York Beauty quilt and I'm leaving soon for lunch and quilting bee. Two days in a row of socializing - how about that. Sky is really overcast and the heat is on in the apartment, but I bet it's not all that cold outside. Yesterday I wore a sweater and I sure didn't need it.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I built a house yesterday too...I'll have to take a picture!

Finn said...

Love that house..love the quilting! Is the house made of cobblestone fabric or stone fabric??? Look like you have turned them into aliens..*VBG* Or may it is "alien" fabric..LOL..no matter I love the orange sky.

P.S. excuse typos, can't actually see the printing on the screen as yet..LOL

Laura said...

I am loving these houses, I can't wait for the weekend to try it myself. I also can't wait to see Space for Rent! How much longer are you going to make us wait!!!! LOL!