Monday, January 16, 2006

Row, row, row your quilt

I got some sewing in today, managed to join six rows together. This is them:

This is obviously not what it's going to look like when it's finished, cuz when the seams joining the rows get done it's gonna shrink way up - prob more than I realize. I had to make more Os today to get this to fill in properly. I have three more rows to sew tomorrow. It'll look generally something like this:

I'm probably going to take the lazy way out and do a traditional border, rather than the big wide one on the left. I'd have to make a LOT more blocks to make the latter look good, and that seems like effort. I'm lazy, after all. Still don't have to decide yet. After I get the rows sewn together, I'll lay out the whole border fabric and put these on top of it and see how it looks.

Just to see how idiot girl works, here are pics of my stacked Xs and Os as I worked on laying it out today. In so many ways, it would be easier to decide on the height of a row and chop all the blocks to that size. No, I like to have them all the different sizes and agonize and sew and chop...


As far as non-quilting activities goes, I really don't have much to report. Managed to not order anything online today, so that's always good. See ya'all later.

4 comments:

Hunter said...

I keep shopping and filling up shopping carts but not actually sending the order.

I've probably ordered $2,000 worth of material the last couple of days. ;)

Very interesting quilt. Love the bright colors and the interesting shapes.

Hugs to you and the furry ones.
Darilyn

YankeeQuilter said...

This quilt is coming together! After working with reproduction fabric all weekend I am craving brights again....

I'll post pics when the engergy level comes back up!

lots to tell ya!

Siobhan

Quiltgranny said...

I am just now getting caught up with your blog, reading it in reverse from today backwards. When I saw what you are working with, I immediately thought the heat there had gotten to you and made you a bit punchey! Then when I saw the name Fruit Punch, I got another smile. I love the colors and they just scream TONYA!!

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeeeeeee!! This looks SO great! You've gotten so much done while we've been away :c) I'm glad to be home...you were much missed by Sio and I both at retreat!

Bonnie