Monday, January 23, 2006

Little Pink Houses

"Little Pink Houses" was made directly after "Reach for the Stars" using leftover asterisks, a heart, and the piano key border. That and some new blocks... The colors here are much truer than the pic yesterday.







I've started piecing a new quilt, using the same fabrics and a few leftover Xs from "Fruit Punch" - I'll show you a few pics in the coming days. Speaking of Punch, I haven't decided on a border treatment yet. Figure it's better to let it rest (and wait for my fabric purchases to arrive).

I put aside my Cranky Witch quilt (it's nowhere near Halloween yet) and picked an old UFO back up. I was inspired to work on "Space 4 Rent" after seeing Laura's "Beam Me Up, Scotty" quilt. "Space" has aliens and houses and unfortunately requires thinking while quilting. I don't have a good photo of the top and I'm not taking one now with the safety pins in it.

I rented some DVDs. I only thought "Garden State" was so-so, tho an impressive debut for "Scrubs" cutie Zach Braff. Didn't like "Sideways" nearly as much as I wanted to. I thought the friend was such a lieing scumbag and I couldn't stand him.

10 comments:

Finn said...

Morning Ton, gotta say a big "thanks" for your comments over at my place about those weird boxes..LOL..don't think I could EVER be braver than you..but sure makes me feel better hear it..*VBG* Started off just using the strips left from Katrina quilts(already cut) but I'm gonna have to cut some brighter ones. The boxes are falling into that place where it's ok or hate..not sure yet..*S*

Love the Little Pink Houses..it's a kissing cousin to Orphans you know..*G* Really love that astrick fabric up at the top. And I have that one funny little hearts batik..sure was an odd dye job on that one. It's in that bargello I showed last week.
I'm to the outer border on my halloween fans..thinking of putting stars out there..we'll see.
The fan quilting is totally awesome on this quilt(as always)!! Just love seeing it!!

dot said...

Hello, Just stopping in before work to let you know I enjoy checking your blog. I run thru daily and am always pleased with your posts. You are a very creative lady and give encouragement to us all. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

I love your sense of color, all your quilts just really pop! You also have me wanting to quilt everything with fans!

Zegi said...

Yeah, how was Sideways oscar-worthy? All I kept thinking was, when is it going to get good? When will the lieing scumbag get his? And he never did. Gah.

Cher said...

another great color and fun quilt-really enjoyed the close up of your fan quilting...it is inspiring and something I want to try too thanks to you.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Tonya - I love this one even more! And I LOVE the fan quilting. But it looks very even - don't tell me it was free hand.

YankeeQuilter said...

I think it is your fault I bought all those pink fabrics this weekend! Another fun quilt...on Sideways, I did think some sort of retribution for the evil friend would have made for a more satisfying ending but we can just hope that he dies of boredom working for his father-in-law!

Sio

Darcie said...

Have to agree with you, Tonya...I couldn't wait for "Sideways" to come out in DVD...then, I totally fell asleep. That's my remedy for I-can't-stand-this-show-but-this-sofa-is-too-comfy!

Love your "Little Pink Houses." The border fabric is awesome!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is so cute! Your quilting stitches are so uniform in size - way to go! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tonya, i'll still love you even tho you didn't love 2 of my favorite movies ;-) Wonderful quilt!