Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New Beginning

Hey, I told ya'all I'd started a new quilt. Well this is it. Right now I'm making a little bit of this and a little bit of that, some of which may make it into the final quilt and some which undoubtedly won't. I'm playing.

The one certainty is the words. This is gonna be my "Terms of Endearment" quilt. I'm going to use all the various pet names my hubby and I have for each other and for our four-legged babies. Not going to use the ones that are plays on names like "Hocus Pocus" and "Lilypad" and I'm not going to fill it with generic terms that anybody and everybody uses. I want this quilt to be personal. Or should that be personalized? Whichever.

I did some more sewing today, but didn't get any more words or asterisks finished. Spent way too much time internetting. This is my third entry of the day, by golly. Still, I have to tell ya'all, I love answering questions and seeing people try the letters, try the fans. I've updated the links in my sidebar to take you to the tutorials I've done. All of it is adapted from what I've posted on the blog. Please check it out and ask questions, make suggestions...

Life overseas: hurrah, we finally have Diet Doctor Pepper back in stock at the commissary after a 6-month absence. AND it tastes better than it did before (was too metallic - think it had been sitting around for years in a storage depot somewhere). I'm limiting myself to one can a day cuz I know it's not good for me. And they're gonna run out again almost immediately so I'd better pace myself. I was drinking something like 4 liters a day of it in the states. I know, stooopid.

And where the heck is my "Charmed?" Showtime put it on every weekday for a week, then it's gone, then it's back, and now it's gone again. Argh. Plus they're showing the half hour Aussie soap "Home and Away" so it completely throws the schedule off for part of the day and makes the shows start on the half hour instead of the hour. And tell me why we need all these garbage anyway? "Young and the Restless" and, even worse, Maury Povitch... What impression does this give to the rest of the world about Americans?

8 comments:

Cher said...

*vbs* my nona called me sweet pea, and I use that term of endearment too..nice to see someone else also uses it! looks like another fun and bright quilt on the way.
thanks for showing the mock up on the letters. I love doing free form quilting-but your quilting does look mighty uniform-I chalk it up to doing it for so long-it's the practice,practice,practice part that I get impatient with.

Laurie Ann said...

I love Dr. Pepper too, and Charmed, don't get me started! I just love that show. I recommend buying it on DVD, then you can watch to your heart's content! I just finished season 7. SIGH. So good!

Laura said...

I love this quilt so far! I call both my middle son and our dog "pooh". My family thinks it is awful that they both get the same endearment. I told my son he should be flattered!

Anonymous said...

"Home and Away"! you poor thing! Not one of our best exports LOL although my in-laws won't miss an episode :-) We haven't had the telly on (except for DVDs) since Christmas - I'm getting so much more quilting done and the kids play and read which is great! Loving the colours on these quilts. I'm almost up to doing the freehand fans section on my baby quilt :-)

YankeeQuilter said...

plese, please, please tell pooh is an endearment for the cats and not your DH! I don't know why that just thumps on my funny bone!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Hooray for Diet Dr P!! I'm doing much the same as you...one tall glass with ice (because I still do the 2 liter thing) but I'm not going through 2 liters a day....so I'm doing better.

The new quilt is going to be so great, but you know what? you really NEED purple the same shade as your pin cloth! It still looks so good with those colors you've been working with lately! So next time you have a chance to order purple...do it :c)

Daytime TV is sucky here. I'm trying to get DH into watching 24, but he wants to start at the beginning, and all the episodes are all over the place so you never know where in the timeline of things you are if you just happen upon one. I might have to go rent it season by season...

Ps..I just had to renter the letter code to get this to send. You would think if someone messes it up, and they give you new letters, that it would show that we are letter code challenged, and they would give us an EASIER one to type for flunking the first round? But NO! THey make them HARDER! (*&@#$(*&! :cD

Bonnie

Granny said...

Tonya, I'm trying to cut back on the Dr. Pepper I drink too. I drink the non-diet variety and I think if I would stop drinking so many, I could lose weight.

I can't wait to get some things out of the way so I can try the letters project. Your quilts are so fun!

Judy L.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Tonya, yes I finally made it over to your blog today. Work has got to slow down so I have time to catch up with you all!

Your ideas just always amaze me!