Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Still a Pincushion

Sorry I did such a lousy job of talking about the quilt in the last post, the Kansas City Troubles. I was a bit wigged out about the thyroid thing (and continue to be so today, since it turns out I have to have it needle biopsied later this month).

I made that Kansas City Troubles quilt ages ago.To really narrow it down, sometime between 1997 and 2002. I think. I can't remember how large it actually is, but I think the smaller units were 6" so the blocks were 12" so the finished quilt is probably about 50" square. More or less. I almost always end up making the blocks a bit smaller than they're theoretically supposed to be due to my imprecise sewing.

Some links for ya'll to check out:

Passionate Quilter Karen worked with a group of women to make a wonderful Take the Leap Challenge quilt as a part of Quilt Pink Day. The quilt will be auctioned off to raise money for the Susan G Komen Foundation. The quilters did a great job for a great cause.

Giraffe Dreams' Carol has started an Alphabet Sampler. I love the way she chose to make her Q.

My Creative Mind's Pam has made a name banner with wonky letters. Pam's made bunches of wonky letter projects, so do go check out her blog.

Lois at Thoughts of Home Quilting is working on a small patriotic project with wonky log cabin blocks and letters. She's trying a new way to make a t - looks fun even if it is making her tear out her hair.

And for an incredibly fun Halloween quilt, make sure you check out Ragdoll Judy's Halloweenie Eye Exam - it is loads of fun. It's the September 30th entry.

And just a couple of replies to comments: Lily, I need a coat here, not just in Paris. It's getting cold. Tracey - love your idea for making a quilt of your daughter's to-do list. Fabulous. May I suggest that you change from being no-replies to having an email address to respond to. If you don't want to use your real email, get a hotmail, gmail or yahoo account. You'd get more interaction with folks that way. (Denise, if I remember correctly that applies to you too!)

5 comments:

quiltpixie said...

Hope the "pins" aren't too dull and will get lost soon....

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tonya, we all certainly hope things go well re your health/thyroid. Keep us posted.

Tracey in CT said...

Thanks for mentioning about changing my thing from no-replies...I didn't notice that. I sure have an awful lot to learn about this blogging stuff...teeny tiny baby steps for me!!

Patti said...

So sorry to hear about your health problems Tonya. What a nuisance to deal with this while you are in transition. Sending positive thoughts that the biopsy will turn out to be benign. It's so much fun seeing what everyone else is doing with your letters. One of these days I'll reach the point where I feel I can justify a new project and then I'll give them a try also.

Sassenach said...

Hope things are looking up for you soon. I know this must be a very stressful time for you.....