Friday, October 27, 2006

Halloween Noises

I've been wanting to make a quilt showing different ways to make the letters. Different "fonts" if I can call them that. I had considered just doing "a b c" over and over again, but that's a bit dull. I decided today that maybe I'd do Halloween noises instead. Not sentences or phrases - just short exclamations, etc.

Here's what I have so far: agh, argh, boo, cackle, clank, creak, eek, groan, growl, grrr, gurgle, howl, hiss, moan, mwa ha ha ha, noooo, rattle, shriek, sssss, slither, slurp, wooooh.

That last one is my ghost. Trying to figure out how I'd do a werewolf. Awhoo? Anything else work well? I'd love some suggestions.

6 comments:

Patti said...

That's what all the werewolves of my acquaintance sound like - a-whooooooo!

Candy Schultz said...

How about crunch for the werewolf. In the films you can always hear the crunch when they get someone.

quiltpixie said...

you need some VVVVVV words for the vampires who can't say "S"

Jenni said...

Arooooo

ForestJane said...

What did the six year old vampire say after he lost his baby teeth?





I vant to knaw your neck... lol

How about... snarl?

YankeeQuilter said...

What about a good old "meow" for the black cat? Thump (the shoe being thrown at the black cat...or is it domething going thump in the night?)
Siobhan