Monday, October 03, 2005

london trip and a bit of geekiness

My trip to London is now going to take place on the 16th with my sweetie pie accompanying me. I feel sorry for him since he will have just flown all the way back from the states a few days previously, but he really did volunteer to come with. Unfortunately this does give me a few more days to think about the trip and the knee scraping before it happens. I'm a worrier, so that's not necessarily a good thing.

My sweetie was sick the last time we were in London. I went out and did stuff and brought him back Marks and Spencers sandwiches. This time the tables will be turned - he gets to go exploring while I lie around in bed reading and complaining about how little is on tv. Hope to catch a Changing Rooms or two, the British version of Trading Spaces.

For any fellow geeks out there, Time magazine online has a fabulous interview with Neil Gaiman ("Sandman" and current movie "Mirrormask") as well as my beloved Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy, Angel and of course "Firefly".

You can find the article here here assuming that this html code works (my first time trying to do it this way).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, by fellow geeks with a neil gaiman reference, could you possibly mean me? I wonder! LOL!

Anonymous said...

From your comments, do I assume you're having a knee replaced ... mine had deteriorated to the point that I was given only 15% chance of a true improvement; but I was up-and-walking 24 hours after surgery, and home (alone) after four days ... awesome change in life, after more than ten years unable to stand on BOTH legs.
Go for it, and know you'll feel at least 100,000% better ... I know I do.
Oh! and you get to see my hometown ... what a bonus.
God bless, Christine in Los Angeles

Tonya Ricucci said...

Christine, that's an amazing recovery time on your knee. I'm not having a knee replaced - I'm having a synovectomy, which is removing the lining of my knee. So the bone will still be there. I hope. :)

Anonymous said...

I AM WOMAN ... HEAR ME ROAR ...
I'm keeping good thoughts for your operation ...then enjoy London.
God bless, Christine in Los Angeles