Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tula Pink and Hulu's Evil Plot

Whee, new fabric from the Fabric Square Shop! These are some of the fabrics from Nest by Tula Pink. My absolutest favoritest fabric is the one in the top right. I love the colors, the design, the flow of it all. And yes, it has brown in it.

Violette Severin did a fun interview with Tula here. And you can read the TulaPink blog too. I'm fascinated by the whole fabric design process, so it's fun to get glimpses of how it works - for instance, the colorways that didn't get chosen.

This next one is another Tula Pink called New Moon Forest.  I wouldn't have thought it (sounds too sweet) but I love the bunny in damask.

These are from another Moda packet, this one called Soiree. Wheeeee, the colors are so bright and happy.

And now for something completely different, a few from City Traditions. These ones are going to work well with the repro sampler I'm working on right now.

Look at how they go together. Obviously I need a few more dark darks in here:

It's definitely been good mail around here. I got this wonderful name and letter blocks from Jude. So wonderful to actually get to hold something from Jude and see the unusual fabrics she uses - they aren't the quilting cottons that cram my drawers, except for that one black with bright pindots...

I'm continuing to hand quilt Raspberry Rumspringa. I'm finally done with the border and am working on my second block. But I'm just not sure how much quilting is too much, and should certain areas be left empty...  I'll keep going. I figure I'll err on the side of too much.

Last night I watched the black and white version of The Mist which was based on a Stephen King novella of the same name. I really enjoyed reading the story but always thought the ending was lame. Well it was a heck of a lot better than the horrible nasty vile ending the movie used. awful. and it really changed the way I felt about the movie which had been really well done up to that point. Lots of suspense, not too gory and the humans could be as monstrous as the creatures outside.

On the much lighter side, I'm watching American version of The Office. I tried watching the British version as well, but as much as I adore Ricky Gervais I couldn't stand the show without Rainn Wilson. So I'm on the second season and loving it. Not as great as Arrested Development, but what could be?

Watched the second season of 30 Rock and loved it as much as the first. If only the season hadn't been cut short. I'm really tempted to get one of those Sabor de Soledad t-shirts... hee hee hee

I also just finished rewatching the first season of The Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really enjoyed it again - it's a show for me. I was hoping that I'd be able to go to the Fox website or Hulu.com and get all caught up with the current season, but no such luck. They'd already removed the first couple of episodes. Guess I'm going to have to wait for the DVD to come out.

Speaking of Hulu.com have you seen the wonderful ad with Alec Baldwin about the evil plot to take over the world? I LOVE this:



If all commercials were this entertaining it would be a lot easier to watch live tv and not just DVDs.

17 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

What great fabrics. I am not usually fond of pinks but some of these are great. I really like the green in the second photo. I have seen that Alec Baldwin commercial and I love it. I often think the commercials are better than regular TV unless you are watching Law and Order or House!! I like the Budweiser ones with the big horses.

Beth said...

We have such similar taste in TV... and super bright fabric! Burn Notice has been really great, can't wait for you to catch up on that. Have you watched Extras? Ricky Gervais at his best!

maggie said...

you continue to be a woman after my own heart - yay for the OFFICE (US version) and yay for Alec Baldwin and everything else you said. fun to see jude's blocks, too.

come to bmore and see the new exhibit at the american visionary art museum. we can go to lunch!

Sharon said...

You're really branching out in your fabric choices lately! Those look like fun.

Love Jude's blocks - I can see that she uses unusual fabrics...very fun!

Did you see Eliza Dushku's HULU commercial last night? Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcc4QRRKns
I liked it even better than Alec Baldwin's.

Kristin L said...

Fun fabric! Fun commercials too. I love truth in advertising!

Bebesboutique said...

OOOHhh I'm drooling over that HAPPY fabrics. I think I have a couple of them.
I watch or rather listen too way too much tv.(as I sew) We have a DVR and so copy all our shows, reruns and all so that we get the whole seasons, and can fast forward through many of the commercials except on newer shows. The only football game we ever watch is the Super bowl JUST for the the commericals. lol

jovaliquilts said...

Love that Hulu commercial -- hadn't seen it before. And fabric is always a wonder -- I can't always decide about a fabric, but it's amazing the ones that play well with others. :)

MelissaS said...

So did you watch Dollhouse last night? Definitely better than the first episode, but I'm holding my final judgment until I see a few more.

jacquie said...

love that tula pink nest fabric...i think i need to get me some of that!

Beena said...

I saw a color version of "The Mist" about a month and a half back. I was so glad that I had rented more than one movie for that night, because I needed to watch something more uplifting after that! From your post, I take it you'll know what I mean by that!

I also love those Hulu commercials with Alec Baldwin. I've seen the ones with Eliza in them, too. Funny.

The show I'm really hooked on is "LOST". One of the show's actors has a blog I go to everyday. For a celebrity, this actor is pretty down to earth...and just outright hilarious!

Thanks for sharing the fabric finds. I need some quilting inspiration really bad. I've been sick for 2 months, and haven't been able to sew or work on my designs and patterns( sobbing). But it's still nice to see the fabrics, and visit your blog and read !

Chris Daly said...

It looks like you have a wonderful quilt shop near by. I'm loving all the fabrics you have been adding to your stash. 2nd season of Sara Connor Chronicles is just as good as the first. I hope you get to see it soon. I'm feeling the same way about Dollhouse. I'll give it a second chance with episode 2. I hate to give up on a Joss series so soon. Have fun with your new fabrics!!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous fabrics. I'll be watching to seo what you do with them!

Radish said...

Not as great as Arrested Development, but what could be?

Absolutely nothing. :)

jude said...

nice to see those blocks with you. they needed to go home!

YankeeQuilter said...

This was my pick of the best superbowl commercials...too funny!

Do have any idea of how long I had to look at that fabric before I could see the bunny?! Sort of like that Old woman/young woman picture...I like the bunny better!

jmb_craftypickle said...

so much to comment on...I am stuck on my nerd love affair with Dwight. He is too much...and has been so funny on some of the most recent episodes. I used to work with some one that was so similar, except he was a nut farmer on the side. But the reality of a weirdo loses the charm...

Katie said...

OMG! Too funny!