Thursday, June 08, 2006

Not Again

Well, I had dinner out on Tuesday and I've been paying the price ever since. I have what we call "Mummy Tummy." Right now Immodium is my best friend, but it's not working as well as I would like. At least I don't have a fever.

You'd think after living here for over 2 years my body would have adapted to some of the local critters. Nope. I can't complain too much - a friend recently got amoebas after a dinner cruise and she's always very cautious, not eating local lettuce for example. (Nasty critters can grow IN the lettuce, so it's not something that can get washed off). My beading teacher was taking Cipro for the 3rd nasty encounter she's had during her 5 years of living here...

Not that I went to beading class yesterday. Cancelled quilting bee too. But on the good side - we have air conditioning again - woohoo. And I finished my necklace up - decided what it really needs is to be worn with a white shirt to show it off. Now I'll have to buy one of those.

I've been playing with fabric tho. Made two different quilts in my head. Came out lovely :)

Keeping it short. Catch up with ya'all later. Maybe next time I log in Blogger will actually have the ability to post pics...

11 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Sorry you are feeling puny...sit back, put on a good DVD, and drink plenty of water - bottled water!

During DS1 my whole platoon came down with "whatever" from eating street vendor food. It was not a pretty sight!
Sio

Finn said...

Hey Ton, so sorry to hear about the eating out blues. Nothing like a good system flush, right?? Sio's got the right idea..pop in a DVD and veg out.
I'm still Scrunchy eyed Finn, but I can feel some of the swelling backing off.

Silly me was trying to "bead" last evening..talk about a 3 ring circus. In a recliner, can't see the holes in the bead, etc, etc, etc, Lets jus say there MIGHT be lime green seed beads in a few places..*G*
I'm working with Halloween fabric again, a brick wall kind of thing..maybe some words. Had to go and look at your October stuff. I'd forgotten you mentioning getting "bones" from home. Did you do anything with those yet??
Betsy just sent down a care package with some neat jack-o-lantern buttons, orange beads and a few spiders...all for Frankie. That should be fun!! Feel better soon, Hugs, Finn

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Tonya, what a terrible thing to get so sick after eating out. And living there for 2 years, it isn't like you can say just don't do it for a week or something. Hope your feeling better soon. And can't wait to see new pics!

Judy said...

Unfortunately I know the feeling all too well, but nothing like having to doge the food like you do. Yikes!!

I concur with Yankee Quilter, pull out your quilting, or a good movie and relax and let your body fix itself. Hope you feel better soon.

YAHOO!! On the new AC!

Lois R. said...

You crack me up! If I counted all the quilts I have made in my head, I'd have a very long list of "dones."

I don't know you all that well, but I'm totally not surprised you don't own a white shirt. ...gets me thinking what my wardrobe says about me (lots of white shirts).

Hope your "mummy tummy" is better soon.

Cher said...

oh my...hurray for a/c back, boo hiss for upset system. well, you will feel better in time-sounds like you know the drill on this. new quilt ideas? great! and looking forward to those photos-one of the finished necklace maybe?

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your friend Laura by doing a pottery/potter search. After seeing her page brought me to you. I know what you mean about being American as my husband took a 2 1/2 year assignment in Korea. I had tummy troubles if I didn't watch it too. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh, I'm not a quilter but I love your work, I'm a potter. I have my own studio at home and my kiln in the garage.

Laura said...

Sorry you are not feeling well Tonya, just sit back and relax and watch some good tv and you will feel better soon! Take Care.

ForestJane said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Curl up with a cat or two for a heating pad and let them purr you well. :)

Anonymous said...

Heres hoping you feel better soon. I am sure your cats are loving the extra cuddle time but I am sure that still isns't worth it to you. Get well.

Ann said...

Poor ((((Tonya))))) I hope you get to feeling better soon. Being sick is never any fun. Take good care and enjoy cuddling under the quilt while you quilt! Sounds like good medicine to me!