Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Haircut

Since it appears that I managed to delete all of my posts from yesterday, I'm recreating this one (I had it saved in Word). Sorry all your wonderful comments are gone, but I did read and enjoy them.

I know this isn't very exciting to ya'all, but I got a haircut today - yippee. My hairdresser had an emergency appendectomy 4 days before my last appointment and rather than going to someone else I just toughed it out to our next scheduled appointment. Feels good to be shorn.

What else... I've unsurprisingly seen loads of tv recently. Rewatched Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters, which is one of my favorites. He started going downhill after that movie and I've skipped the last several. I've heard good things about Match Point tho, so I'll catch that one of these days.

I finished up Veronica Mars season 1. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Nancy Drew, or Gilmore Girls. Or basically mysteries, but you have to be able to tolerate the high school setting. My hubby refused to watch it for that very reason. That and it was a chick show. Silly of him, because it is excellent.

There's the big ongoing investigation into who killed Veronica's best friend a year earlier, but each show stands alone. There's lots of character development and you actually start sympathizing with some characters that started out as pretty spiteful. My only gripe with it is that I dislike all of Veronica's former friends - the rich, popular kids. Bleck. The last episode of the season was incredibly tense and actually had the decency to solve the big mystery.

Bones is now showing here and I have to say I am enjoying the heck out of it. I didn't think much of the one Kathy Reich book that I read (far too many coincidences that just didn't hold together) and figured there are far too many forensic shows on tv so I wasn't holding out much hope for this. Should have known David Boreanaz (Angel) wouldn't let me down although I have to say it's the minor characters in the lab who are the draw for me.

Read a book. Sue Grafton's R is for Ricochet. Enjoyable as always, tho it's been nice not reading any for awhile first. Not a good author to read one right after another...

2 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Bugger about deleting your yesterday's posts. Grr to Blogger (again).

I cannot believe you toughed it out re haircut. I find it hard to last 7 weeks! I would go nuts if I had to wait 14 weeks. But I do have craaaazy hair!

Judy said...

That happened to me once...you have three posts, blogger says there is only ONE! Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.