Thursday, June 29, 2006

Liberty Tea in progress

I've been playing with my patriotic fabrics. I made some more teacups, but have already decided I really dislike the white teacup on the far left. It's an orphan now. I wanted to experiment making a teapot, but wasn't sure I wanted it in this quilt, so I made it in non-patriotic fabric that way will work in a blue and white tea quilt, if I choose to do that.

Doubtful that America flag block at the bottom is going to stay, but I do kind of like how it looks.

I had the last quilting bee of the summer at my house yesterday. I was impressed with how sociable Pokey was. She not only came out of hiding fairly early on and travelled around sniffing at everyone, but she actually sat leaning against one woman and then later curled up on someone else's lap. Pokey of course got the oohs and ahs about how cute she is with the blue eyes and little spot on her nose. My friend L hates the way everyone (but her) fawns over Pokey, but darnit she deserves it, she's so darn cute.

I've been playing with a Sharpie pen, and now I'm getting sick from the fumes. I should have switched over to crayons to color the picture in I was working on. You'll see some of that work here soon.

Howler is doing well. No more freakouts and he's letting us sleep through the night. A very good sign.

I watched the remake of the tv series The Night Stalker. I love the original but this irked the heck out of me. Don't call it the same name and have characters with the same names, when everything else about it has changed. Changed for the worse. It was actually The X-Files set at a newspaper, not my beloved Night Stalker. I'm gonna forget this one exists now.

I've also been rewatching The Gilmore Girls starting at the very beginning. The first time through I just devoured them so quickly, this time I'm getting more out of it.

20 comments:

KC Quilter said...

So glad to find another Gilmore Girls fan! I have loved this series from Episode 1. When I tell friends about it and they watch it, they just don't get it!!! They always say it is unrealistic and that a mother wouldn't act like that. I think it is totally realistic, given Lorelai's past! Loving your teacups!

quiltpixie said...

the tea pot is a wonderful shape. Love its "solidity"

dot said...

This is looking good. I agree with the white teacup, something about it makes it just not belong. Good idea to save for another project. I like the flag at the bottom. I agree, it looks good. Have a great 4th of July.

Unknown said...

I really like that teapot - you could just pick it up and pour out a cuppa

Laura said...

I love the flag, you definately need to leave it in!

I am a BIG Gilmore Girls fan. My daughter and I are trying to watch the re-runs every evening. We have seen quite a few that we had previously missed.

Lois R. said...

Love the teapot! And the America flag! But I agree about the white teacup.

Hey! When you are as gorgeous as Pokey, you deserve to be fawned over!

Judy said...

I agree with the teacup decision...not quite right. It fades away and doesn't fit. But I DO like the flag and I would leave it in there.

There are something about blue eyed cats that gets people intrigued. Mine both have blue eyes! Pokey learned how to turn on the charm to get her attention!! Go girl!

So is Howler going into the carrier for the food, or did you abandon that idea? I am glad that he's calming down and relaxing.

Fiona said...

Oh I do like that teapot - also like the idea of a blue and white tea quilt - reminds me of my Willow Pattern tea service.

Joyce said...

I really like the teapot. Having done a lot of teapots now, I think I like your pieced ones better than my fused ones. THey are more relaxed.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is looking good! The teapot turned out wonderful!

I love how the america flag turned out. I think it could work, just seperate it a bit I think from the words and tea cup.

Darcie said...

Love your Liberty Tea. I'll be interested to see just how you decide to finish it up! I know it'll be great!

The Calico Cat said...

love that teapot!

Cher said...

stunning teapot...I really, really like it Tonya! I hope it (making teapots your style) ends up in your book in prgress....and the cups are fun as well...nice to see this project as you have fun with it.

Finn said...

Hi ho Ton, the tea party is coming right along..and I'm in total agreement about the reverse negative of the white tea cup...it's almost a ghost block.

Ah, Night Stalker, I remember it well. Wonder why all the good ones go away? Darn! The eariest X-Files were awesome..have to admit it lost something(for me at least) over the years.
Got to watch both Corspe Bride and Big Fish over this past week, actually like Big Fish the best...LOL. Maybe I'm just not quite a claymation gal..Big Fish dragged in parts, like they just keep "harping" on something like denial, but I like the premise and loved the ending.
And you're absolutely right, Pokey is adorable..who can resist her??? Hugs, Finn who's back in business with the computer problem fixed(I hope).

Holly said...

The teapot is fantabulous, Tonya! I like the american flag, too :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I just thought of something - you need to change your letters. It should say
"A Big Cup of Liber-Tea"

Tazzie said...

I love love love the teapot! Awesome once again Tonya!
*hugs*
Tazzie

Helen in the UK said...

Love the patriotic cups etc. Also, thanks for sharing your tutorial on making them. One day I'll pluck up the courage to try this liberated stuff :)

Anonymous said...

sam w says: I agree with yiu about the white teacup, too. But I do loke the flag, it's beautiful! I take it Pokey is a dog? Mine (Gus the Pug) loves everybody, too! That's good! Keep up the good work. I am a beginner & only do traditional quilts so it's really fun to see some like yours!

Anonymous said...

oooooh love this one - have just received some Patriotic American Fabric - now theres a temptation to try it out.

Irene V