Monday, July 17, 2006

Request for Help: gmail

This post has been edited.

Holy cow. Within a half hour of posting this, I had an account. Wheeeee - I love blogging. Thank you, Kathie for helping me out!


While I was trying to figure out how I can go about creating a webpage (it's time to start my own for tutorials etc) I discovered that Google has a great way to do it. Big huge snag tho - I have to have a gmail account and can't get one. (Living overseas just causes me fits sometimes.)

For what it's worth I am making progress on writing up the Challenge. Have to admit something. I hate challenges. I hate being told to do what someone else says to do. Stupid, I know. So I found myself trying to write the challenge with a variety of ways to construct the quilt - which just makes it more work AND more confusing. Since this is going to be baby steps for some of you, I will write it with just one way of making the quilt. Fewer options make it easier, right?

Okay, I gotta go get sewing.

10 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Glad you got your Gmail account!

Joyce said...

I feel the way you do about challenges. I entered one to make a bag and although I have a whole year to make it, it seems to be hanging over my head like a weight. I am going to do some more wonky letters though, as soon as the weather here cools down a bit. I can't seem to think when it's so hot. It's probably cool compared to Egypt but there you are.

Eileen said...

Thanks, Tonya. I'm one of the baby steps people. lol
Congratulations and good luck with the webpage. Do you have a URL you can share with us?

Lois R. said...

Glad to hear that Howler is feeling more comfortable. I am convinced that my half-wild boy Baxter started loving me and trusting me because of the time he and I spent in the vet's office when he was 6 - 7 months old. He had frequent urinary tract problems requiring frequent trips to the vet. Now he actually wants my attention -- but only on his terms!

While I am too busy with my pathetic life to participate, I'm looking forward to watching the progress on your challenge!

Judy said...

Excuse the double comment...my alter ego ?? made me come up as judyc (??) but That's me above!

just jenn said...

Can't wait to see the challenge. I have been wanting to do some more of your stuff for awhile.

Susan said...

Tonya, I would have let you have space on one of my webpages! I have tons of space - all I want and more. =) If you run into any snags, let me know.

Carol E. said...

Hey, Tonya, I feel the same way about BOMs as you do about challenges. I hate following a pre-set calendar based on someone else's directions. It just ticks me off, and even if I have time, I can't stand doing it if it's not my own time plan. Looking forward to your web page.

Cher said...

good for you to take the webpage plunge! and glad you were helped so quickly. love the kitty photos..looking forward to the challenge photos/directions-you sound so motivated! that's a great thing.

ForestJane said...

Happy web designing!

What software are you using to make the pages?