Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two Finishes

A quilt shop I used to go to had a theory that each quilt had three finishes: 1) finished top 2) finished quilting 3) finished quilt. Going by that theory I've done two finishes. Last night I finished the quilting on Space 4 Rent and today I sewed and sewed and finished the top for Terms of Endearment.

There are a couple of spots that stand out a bit much, but they'll be toned down by the quilting - undoubtedly gonna be fans. I'm thrilled that the border looks as good as it does. I managed to cut one of the border strips a 1/2" too short and another one was wonky as well. But I made it thru by the skin of my teeth. Now I just wish I had several more yards of this fabric to make something else with.

I had a little "help" today:


It's almost 6pm and I haven't made dinner yet. Gotta go and be good. Later.

16 comments:

Judy said...

It's excellent! Really, really like it. I think maybe you are the too close to it?? Because I don't see anything jumping out! I love all the colors and the movement, especially the piece right beside SweetPea. That piece is so pretty. It's perfect! *VBG* Way to go!

Laura said...

It is wonderful, the border fabric went perfectly with it. You are soooo talented, I am still waiting on that book!
I can't wait to see Space for Rent!

ForestJane said...

And it's so nice to have help pressing that seam flat there... (bottom picture) lol

Such beautiful blue eyes!

Anonymous said...

This top looks great! I, too, often use the narrow dark inner border to set off the center block section. It worked nicely here.

Anonymous said...

I love it, Ton! And look at the blue eyes on that cat.

Finn said...

yup...it's certifable as gorgeous! And has that kitty stamp of approval. Looks really great..I love the piano keys in there. Good job Ton!

Holly said...

It turned out perfect, Tonya. You have a way with color. Beautiful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ahhhhh yessss!!! That border is gorgeous! I love it with that quilt! It turned out so great!

Wait till I have time to show you what I got in the mail for my birthday (back in Feb) last night!

Cher said...

came out great...what color quilting thread(s) are you planning for it? love the kitty help :-)

Duyvken said...

the border fabric looks amazing, Tonya and I love those piano keys. You've been busy!

Clare said...

Tonya

That is fantastic! and the quilt is good too LOL.

Kay said...

This turned out beautifully. It was fun to read how you worked at it, also. I too just stare for long periods of time, but not with such good results!

Sylvie said...

I really like it. It's a really cheerful piece.

By the way, if no one else noticed, your link to be*mused has an extra http:// in there.

Quiltgranny said...

Makes me want to get finished with my drabby even sooner, now. You tease, you!
Love it!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

WOW!!! I slo love this quilt! That border fabric is perfect!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

This turned out brilliantly! Love the colours, love the words - great quilt :-)