Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Holiday in the Heat

Another one of my good luck pieces. This faience piece has palm trees and is about 7" across.

We're leaving at 2am for our flight down to Abu Simbel. I think I've mentioned before that I am not a happy traveller. I hate the travel part. I'm getting keyed up and tense and we're not leaving for another 9 hrs or so. I'm not even going to try and get any sleep tonight - if I'm lucky I'll snooze on the plane - Dramamine is good at knocking me out.

I know I should be writing something fun, but it's just not in me at the moment. Did I not say "already tense?" Yes, fun travel companion. So Abu Simbel on Thursday, spending the day in Aswan on Friday and getting to Luxor that night. We'll be spending a few nights there, thank goodness. Morning flight back on Tuesday. I think. Something like that. So I will be out of touch for a bit.

Gotta go work on that packing thing now. 99 degrees in Luxor right now. Fun. What do I have that's modest, yet cool. hmmmm. Ya'all take care.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Modest but cool, huh? I would say a nice long gauz-ey...but heaven forbid not see through...skirt. Although sometimes I dislike bare legs when it's really hot. Are shorts un-modest there?

Have a really great trip, knock yourself out for the travel, and enjoy the rest. It sounds lovely except for the heat.

Love the good luck piece. Are those actually words on there? Know what they mean?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh have fun! I know you hate traveling, but once you get there have a great time! I can't wait to see pics. But by the time your back I'll be gone so it will be a long, long time to catch up! (Well a week is a long, long time isn't it?)

I LOVE the palm tree charm! Scarabs I wasn't so fond of - but palm trees - I love those!

Anonymous said...

Is this what we were arguing about? Of course I love it; it's not turquoise. It's BLUE! It does, however, fall into the cool no matter what the color category, for sure.

Holly said...

Ahhh, good ol' Dramamine - I think you and I would make good traveling companions. We'd know what each other was feeling :)

ForestJane said...

I had to go look up 'faience' that's a new one on me! I learned that "Egyptian faience was not made of clay but rather of a ceramic composed primarily of quartz."

Thanks for being my vocabulary expander today. lol