Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Green Monster Thready


Well here is the little guy completed. I actually ended up not doing as much threading as I expected to. I liked how his skin looked as it puffed out around the stitches, so I didn't fill it all in. Didn't need to do all the background either at that rate. So ta da. He's now off at the framer's. I'm really amazed at how well the detail shows using the scanner. This is about life size.

I haven't been able to settle down and work on a project. Not happy with working on Bloomin' Horrors, so it's put aside as I think about beads and threads. Started a free-form thready (i.e. not following a printed background) tonight but not sure I like how it's coming along.

I'll get over my discomboobulation one of these days.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your little monster. Very "where the wild things are" Is this a slow process? or fairly quick?

Quilts And Pieces said...

I was thinking the same thing that he looked like a guy from "where the wild thing are"!

And you managed to use purple I see!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Compared to some of the ones I do, this one was a quickie (I didn't fill it in completely and it's farily small). I guestimate somewhere between 10 and 15 hrs.

Gotta use purple...

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

hes great...love him....

Finn said...

Awesome thready Ton, I love him and the way the green fabric poke up in his face..ooooooooh he's a good 'un !! Will you do more of those face squares do you think???

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm sure I will do another, as a matter of fact. I just started work on the little devil today. (Yes, yet another new project started - I've been doing a lot of that lately).

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm sure I will do another, as a matter of fact. I just started work on the little devil today. (Yes, yet another new project started - I've been doing a lot of that lately).

dogquilter said...

he is sooo cool!!