Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Trick or Treat

Steak Frites and Paris at night. mmm.

Danielle S. recently sent me photos of her Halloween quilt. She's done a great job, but what is especially marvelous is that this is only her second quilt project ever. Her first was a Ohio Star quilt from a kit. I love that she just dove in and tried the letters - they're fantastic.


And the quilt top which she intends to hand quilt. I love it.

See, you can do these letters even without much experience.
I have found a bit of Halloween here in Paris. This is a chocolate shop in Montmartre:

As is this lovely fall chocolate:

I made sure to take a picture of the chocolate mushrooms for Kristin L:


Pylones, which sells fun, brightly colored items, has a skull sugar bowl and black cat tape dispenser and stapler:

And a kitchen store:

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You found such fun stuff! Thanks for the mushroom love. I think my favorite is the little box with the mushroom and green jelly beans. I wonder if that's enough reason to come to Paris?

Hedgehog said...

Just love the Halloween quilt and the chocolate mushrooms!! Makes me want to get out my mushroom cookie cutter!

sewprimitive karen said...

Great Halloween lettering and quilt! Oh goodness the beautiful chocolate. I love the little ears of corn and the walnuts.

Tazzie said...

Ohhh my word! I never saw any chocolate like that before - I don't think I could eat it! ... well ... I probably could, but I'd feel remorseful ...
Thank you for sharing Tonya, lovely pictures!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh Hoooo, did someone say chocolate? Love the gargoyles by the way.

Tanya said...

You've found Halloween in Paris! Good for you.
I especially like that neat picture of the Eiffel Tower!

Donna said...

hmmmm chocolate.... those mushrooms are great -- almost look like gingerbread :-)

Anonymous said...

trick or treat?....treats galore, my god! love the litlle dog/lion....

meggie said...

Wow, great quilt.
And what fun goodies!!

jmb_craftypickle said...

Great quilt!!! I need to try some letters...

Magpie Sue said...

The sugar bowl is my personal favorite in the shop windows! That shot of the Eiffel Tower is my favorite of that landmark so far too.

julieQ said...

Yum!!!! Happy halloween!

JulieQ

Lily Mulholland said...

No one does chocolate like Europeans! Wait till you see the Christmas window displays!!

Padparadscha said...

Psst, if you venture to the beginning of rue Blanche, next to the Trinité church, you'll find chocolate skulls - enjoy ! :o)

Laura said...

What fun pictures! The candy looks so delicious!

Siddis back home said...

Have a nice Halloween! I am too busy with the quiltfestival here in Houston starting on Halloween!

Finn said...

Great pictures, all of them and in the past posts also! It's ok with me for you to be a tourist!
Love the Halloween treats you keep finding. Love the trick or treat quilt, she sure did a great job for a first attempt! And congrats on having Bloomin Horrors finished at last, it's gorgeous!!! Hugs, Finn

Unknown said...

The chocolates are EXQUISITE!