Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Robots and Rocketships

More of my recent fabric acquisitions. I had a blast (heh heh heh) finding robot and rocketship fabric. I'm really on that kick right now. There's also some alphabet in here too:


Take a closer look at the selvage:


Little rocketships - hee hee hee. Love it. The big robots and this particular fabric all come from Ingrid Slyder's Robotic line from Moda.

Here's a different batch which includes a couple of wonderful white fabrics with bright bits and a cool Day of the Dead cutout fabric.


I picked up my new glasses today.  Self-portrait taken with the webcam in my laptop.


RayBan frames - woohoo. These look so much more me than the last couple of pairs of glasses I've had. I hate the small, narrow, rectangular frames that have been in style for the last, what, ten years? Yuck. I like big round plastic frames so that I can see more. RayBan also had some funny cats-eye glasses and I would have considered them if they'd looked good on me, but they certainly did not.

It's gonna take me a bit to get used to them. Feeling kinda seasick - it's always an adjustment.

I happened to mention to LeeAnn (Nifty Quilts) that I was thinking about going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in July and she offered all sorts of enticements to coerce convince me to go. When someone offers to sleep on the floor to let you have their bed you know they have an incredibly generous nature and maybe really want you to come. So I've bought my tickets and sent in my registration for classes (for Quilters' Affair beforehand) and we'll see what happens. Not a big deal if I don't get classes since I'm get to meet so many folks I've only corresponded with for so long.

Mandatory kitty pictures. Habibi and Howler. Did I tell you Howler now weighs 24 lb? He certainly looks it in this photo:


Howler's too lazy to actually get up during combat operations:


Always love the big bushy tails. I don't think I've ever seen Howler do that. All the other cats, definitely...

I think I better be good now and work on those class write-ups I've been ignoring. Thanks for the feedback that ya'all gave me on it!

26 comments:

Brenda said...

did you get progressive lenses? my advice is to NOT wear your new glasses today, but to put them on first thing tomorrow. adjusting to progressives is tough enough without having two different sets of lenses in one day. good luck!

Jenny Squawk said...

Love the new acquisitions, fabric and glasses. I agree about the glasses. I like a nice substantial frame... in all things. Bestness on getting acquainted with your new frames!

Generous people make great friends, too. Very sweet of her.

Jan said...

Love your new look! Especially in front of that clever background. ;-)

Diane said...

Love the cat fight pictures. It's always funny, except when it's happening on your bed at 6 am. I know the puffy tail is supposed to look threatening and scary, but it always makes me laugh. Especially when you watch as it "explodes"...

Nice glasses too!

Sharon said...

I'm with you on the big frames for glasses. My vision is bad enough without making me squint through little lenses, especially with tri-focals! So, does this mean the bigger frames are coming back into fashion? I sure hope so! And Brenda's right - it's best to start the new specs first thing in the AM. Fools your eyes or your brain, and makes the transistion easier.

Love the cat fight. Howler is pretty lazy! And that pouf-y tail is always hilarious. Shade used to do it ALL the time. Sometimes only part of his tail pouffed up - DD called it "Q-tip".

I may have to come to Sisters this year, if you're gonna be there!

deborah said...

Love your fabric, your glasses and the cat fight!
How exciting to be going to Sisters...so many people to see and so many quilts!

Nifty Quilts said...

Woo-hoo! You're stylin' now. The new look is great. So glad you're coming to Sisters. You'll probably know half of the 20,000 people there!

Clare said...

Typical Ton photo - Starbucks mug of English Breakfast Tea and all the fabric behind you.

Wish I could come to Sisters too. Take lots of photos.

I loathe those type of glasses. I had a pair and couldn't see a thing when I looked up or down. Glad that the big frames are back.

Love the black with dots in the 3rd photo. Moda?

Teresa Rawson said...

Cute fabrics...heck, I'd order that red one just for the selvage!! Have you a plan in the works for all these "out-of-this-world" fabrics? (sorry - I just had to return the pun...)

Every now and then, Weasley scares himself in the mirror or sliding glass door, and has a fluffy tail moment. Then he spends about an hour looking everywhere for the "other" orange and white cat...

I'm trying not to be jealous of you going to Sister's.....

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Michele said...

Your new fabrics are a blast! Love that selvage. And the glasses are spectacular. I'm so punny!

Theodora quilts said...

Love the fabrics ,I would be fussy cutting all day,I still have those narrow frames and your right it takes a while to get used to that is why I still have the same glasses for about 7 years now,I think you should go to the show ,and I agree Lea ann is very generous.xoxo theodora

wlstarn said...

I guess Howler is keeping the floor from floating away!

teresa said...

Tonya ~ I love your glasses ~ do you know the model #?

Cornelia said...

Lookin' good, my friend!! I wish I could meet up with you in Sisters :(.

Thanks for the mandatory kitty pics-I'm always happy to see kitties!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness.....go go go and have a blast with LeeAnn......you'll have such a good time with her :0), I just met her at V's retreat and hope to visit with her in Nov.
This sounds like fun.
Hey now don't make fun of those little glasses I'm still wearing.....400.00 bucks....I'll be wearing them for a while :0) longer :0).....you are styling...just had my hair cut too.

Safe travels and Happy Sewing

pwl said...

Cool glasses! And I'm experiencing stash envy - I collect all space fabric I can find (well, and cat fabric, and music fabric...).

Katie said...

Seasick is a good way to put it. I picked up my new glasses this week and my stomach isn't happy. Yours look great! Mine....I'm not so sure. :-)

Irene Onderweegs said...

omg! Habibi is really working his way out of the fur ;^}
Your glasses will give you more sight, a little piece of environment is quite a bonus. That just is why I opted for frameless specs some time ago.
I agree that little rockets for selvage would thrill me too! Now we need little cats in the selvages 8^) Toff, Ginger and Aree are posing already!
Be well from a grey and chilly Amsterdam, Irene

Riel Nason said...

That is great fabric. Love the selvage with the rocket ships. It is so cool to see the selvage innovations lately! Cheers, Riel

Diane said...

So glad you are going to Sisters. I've been going off and on for about 10 years. It's a great and restful week.

Kerri said...

I love the new selvage color code pics too. Are they trying to encourage more of the bazillion piece selvage edge quilts? I can't start another scrap baggie of these, lol....I have resisted so far.

doni said...

Oooo - Sisters!! We'll have to have a 'meeting in the park!' Will you have time to travel a bit? I live on the southern coast and would love to show you around!! My offer is a twin bed in the sewing room!! [oooooo!]

Resistance is futile!! LOL!

doni @ Oregon coast

beth said...

maybe this is a silly question...I can't seem to find it on your blog..What's the due date for Bah humbug blocks??? I haven't made one yet, but thinking about it still. :/

Amy said...

Love the robots and spaceships. love the glasses also... and of course I ejoy seeing the kitties, mine are almost 18 pounds.

Celia Ciuffo said...

una belleza tus quilts!!!
Saludos argentinos!!!

ButtonMad said...

out of this world fabric. love the rocket ships - we have buttons that are so meant for this quilt ;-) cool blog cheerd