Friday, June 20, 2008

Think in Plaid

I'm really happy how my One Patch with Strings is coming along. I've got all my blocks made up now, which is pretty easy since so many of them were one patches. There are a few more blocks than this and I think I'm going to just keep piecing until I run out of the fabric.

I added some letters: THinK. They're hard to read - I didn't intend that, I just started piecing without paying attention. So some letters are dark, some are light. That's okay, I know what it says. I didn't like my first i so it got thrown in with the rest of the blocks.

I stopped piecing yesterday because Pokey commandeered my box of strips. She scampered as soon as I put the ironing board up - all my cats hate that noise with a passion.

She moved to a patch of sunlight on my cutting table and just zonked out. She didn't flinch as I cut blocks and made noise right beside her.


This morning I had Breakfast in America. I just love saying that. I had blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup - mmmmm - while visiting with fellow American expats, one of whom is a quilter.

I got a wonderful email from Moe who attended a lecture by Gwen Marston last night. Lucky girl. Plus she's taking two classes - woohoo. Lucky, lucky girl. I'm hoping Moe will post pics in her blog for us.

Indigo Threads Sharon found a great interview with Gwen Marston done in 2007 for Save Our Stories. Excellent reading.

Speaking of Gwen Marston, we are now up to 200 copies of Liberated Quiltmaking requested through comments and email. That's in just one week. Thank you all so very much for participating and spreading the word. Mary Jo had a great suggestion which was for folks to go in to their local quilt shops and ask them to contact AQS and let them know that the store would order copies.

If you haven't already done so and want to put your name down on the list of quilters asking for a reprint of Liberated Quiltmaking, you can do that in my post here. I'm figuring that even if AQS won't reprint the book, maybe Gwen will do so. Fingers crossed!

12 comments:

*karendianne. said...

One patch with strings - VERY fun!!! Pokey is toooooo cuteamous. Very much enjoy her this morning whist I do my own version of Breakfast in America. Boring Oatmeal in shorts with dog slobber on my legs. Ick!

zizzybob said...

Those colors are yummy, I just love it!

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

The scrappy quilt is looking great. Always like seeing Pokey "helping". ;-)

Clare said...

I love those plaids. You're making me get side tracked - mustn't mustn't mustn't!

Michelle said...

I like the "THinK" Looks great.

Donna said...

Love your pink quilt. Looks like you have fun with your buddy Pokey in your sewing room.

Leah said...

oooh, how pretty. i love the colors in that quilt you're making.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that picture of Pokey is just absolutely adorable!

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Very pretty pink quilt... it's coming along nicely! Lots of piecing there. And Pokey is so sweet...

Caron in Michigan

Lynda said...

The quilt looks gorgeous, however, I'm having a problem with the Think. My brain keeps seeing the i as an F, but if you're happy with it, that's the only criterion!

Janet said...

My all-time fave brunch: blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, mmmmm - you have me putting maple syrup on the shopping list!
BTW - anything Gwen Marston writes is tops with me - put me down on your list, please.
Janet in warm and dreamy coastal Nova Scotia

Lucy said...

I love it how this quilt is coming...