Friday, February 03, 2006

more houses

I started making a house quilt last spring. I wanted it to be pink and chartruese green, but soon discovered that just wasn't going to work - I needed a third color. So yellow was it. I only made a few houses before getting distracted and moving along to some other project. That happens to me a lot. I don't stress about it and go back to projects when I'm ready to work on them again (or recycle parts or give blocks away, depending on how I feel).

This next house is fairly boring, even tho it has a slanted roof and an angled door and window. I like the chimney - I angled that one well.

This next house is one of my favorites, even if it is a bit hard to look at with the wild sky. The best part? The extra long chimney that's sliding off the roof.

My husband sometimes looks at these houses and says, seriously, "you know that's not structurally sound." Uh, yeah.

By the way, if you're looking at these pics and thinking, hey in the house tutorial Tonya put the chimney in the big sky piece, you are right. I was experimenting with these blocks to see if it worked better to put the chimney on the smaller sky. It doesn't - it's worse.

Got a nasty headache this morning which I am not at all happy about. I'm afraid it's spring already starting to attack me. It's time to change my allergy meds - think the ones I'm on just aren't working anymore.

My sweetie and I watched "L.A. Confidential" yesterday and I managed to get some quilting done. Slowly, slowly.

9 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Sorry to hear you've got a headache. I didn't accomplish any sewing today, BUT I did go to my favorite quilt store and finished a punch needle I need for a shop sample! Hope your feeling better.

Cher said...

allergies are the worse..sorry to hear they are giving you nasty headaches-great houses...

antique quilter said...

I really think you keep posting these cute little houses to tempt me more! ITS WORKING! I want to make these little houses...think it is the surprise each one gives you when you look at them I like so much. I am a big fan of the color YELLOW so these are just too cute for me.
hope your headache is better today.

Kairle Oaks said...

Is that a silly little smiley face peeking out of the window? If not, I'd better grab my glasses. lol!

quiltpixie said...

that yellow is definately bright... almost need sunglasses :-) These are a lot of fun.

Laura said...

Love, love, love your houses. I played all Saturday afternoon making my own houses, what fun!

Alena said...

Lovely houses, I was hoping for making happy scrapy houses as my next project, but I chanded my mind, I will also go for "liberated" ones, they are just gorgeous!

Quiltgranny said...

When I was reading that your husband told you the houses were not structurally sound, somehow I read it that he said YOU weren't structurally sound! LOL!

Love all the bright fabrics! I can hardly wait to get started on my letters with the stitch group!

Darcie said...

Your houses are so adorable, Tonya. How fun! I NEED to try some for myself. I wish eBay would have some time up for auction...could use some! LOL

Oh yes...and LOVE your colors. Yellow, pink, and green make me feel like I'm on vacation somewhere fun and warm!