Thursday, May 07, 2009

Julie's Quilts

I love hearing from ya'all. Recently, Julie Post sent me a couple of photos of quilts she'd made using the free-pieced letters and kindly gave me permission to share them with you.

Julie made this Scrappy Trips Around the World for her in-laws. It has the names of all the grandkids. Isn't it fabulous? Those stars are a wonderful touch as well.

The next quilt contains the names of the tractors that Julie's family or their friends have owned. The words started out as a border for a different quilt but were too wavy for Julie to use. So she took the borders apart and reworked them to make this fabulous quilt.

Julie says: "I followed your advice of... Add if it's too short and cut it off if too long. There was no plan except to lay out the blocks and start adding things."

Julie did such a great job. Congrats on making these wonderful quilts full of memories.

In other news, Pokey is doing really well. She can jump up on countertops again. We just finished playing fetch - I threw a rolled-up sock and she brought it back. At least for a few times - eventually she just looked at me as if to say "why did you take my toy away?"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the quilts! Fabulous finishes! Glad to hear Pokey is becoming more spunky. My cats often give me that same look.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great quilts...so you didn't answer...why are you taking Pokey's toy away?!

jovaliquilts said...

These are such wonderful quilts, so lively! Does Julie have a blog?

Bebesboutique said...

OMG my husband would just love the tractor quilt. What a great Idea. I just might have to make him a quilt with the names of all his farm equiptment. Thank you for shareing!

laura said...

such great stuff! I have made tons of "trip around the world" types, but the wonky words are just fabulous...soooo good Julie!

Kim said...

Aren't you impressed with the way you inspire us? I love these quilts and it really gets my creative juices flowing!

Happy Sewing,
Kim

Nat Palaskas said...

Tonya, those quilts are so creative. You must be proud to see you hard work putting in to used. Good job Julia

Browndirtcottage said...

OG WOW...Mr. Brown Dirt would just LOVE the equipment quilt...I may have an idea there!! I must go over and thank Julia for sharing!!

Browndirtcottage said...

UH...I can't go over to Julia...I don't know where she is....so if you read this Julia....I LOVE your quilts!