Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blocks Slither In

Mail call continues to be marvelous here at Chez Lazy Gal. What a blast

First off, this amazing slither for Slither Eek Boo. Lynne did such an amazing job constructing this block. I included my toes in the pic so you could get an idea of the size of the letters.

I shared quilt pics that Julie P shared with us in this post. Well, Julie sent me this fabulous name block. That is a great way to do a u - it'll look fab when the seam allowance is taken so there's just a tiny tail.

More blocks for the 4-Letter Word quilt. Lynne is growing, Rachael is snug, and Julie has a great big grin. I love the little divot out of the bottom of Rach's u. Once again Julie has found simple ways to make great letters - love the r and n. I never thought of making a G that way either.

Meanwhile, Quiltdiva Julie (not Julie P.) is taking a great big joyous leap:

Kim B sent this baby block. It's a bit big for the ongoing project, but I'm sure to use it somewhere fun. That is a perfect capital Y - I never get mine to look that good. The blocks have my baby Pokey's seal of approval.

My friend Susan is in town so I'll be goofing off this week instead of nose down to the grindstone stuff. Yesterday we had Mexican food for lunch - woohoo. But I have been good. I finished two little quilts for my someday book and got another one pieced together. You know what, I don't think I ever told you I'd finished Raspberry Rumspringa. Well I did on May 5th and I'm so pleased with it.

I need to go chain myself to the sewing machine and get more accomplished before it's time to play. I leave you with this pic of Habibi. Someone tell me how this could possibly be comfortable. He looks like he's trying to be an owl swiveling his head around backwards.


23 comments:

shellysquilts said...

Luv the slither! Cute stuff!

Julie said...

Oh, these are fantastic! I especially love slither. It looks exactly like slithering should! And the thick and thin mix on snug is a great look. Very inspiring!

Clare said...

There's something about the colours Habibi's photo. I think they make a great combination.

I adore Lynne's Slither and Snug is wonderful.

Screeeech is coming along nicely, albeit a bit looooonnng! Now that's a good word :-)

Enjoy your time with Susan

Rachael said...

Ooooh! Slither is so wonderfully slithery!

Beena said...

That slither looks so good, it's going to put the rest of us contributing to the Halloween quilt to shame!!! (kidding) But it is pretty amazing.

Cher said...

fabulous words- folks are so talented and creative! terrific you have a friend to play with-and great news on all your progress! I know there is more fun stuff coming to your mailbox as we continue to finish our words.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! slither and SNUG! favorites! well done ladies!

You finished R.rumspringa? yahoo! let's see!!!

Kristin L said...

Slither is fantastic!! I love the concept, and the execution is great. You're going to have an amazing collection of words!

Janet said...

These are great! Love the variety in words and style.

jovaliquilts said...

You must just love your mail these days! Those blocks are wonderful, and so individual, which I guess is the point. I'd love to see a pic of the finished Rumspringa, too!
Enjoy your houseguest!

Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, I especially like 'snug!' Folks are coming up with some great words - and executing them in wonderful ways :- )

Holly said...

Let's see that Rumspringa quilt again. I absolutely love it. Great looking words. Have fun with Susan.

Bethany said...

Wow!!! Those are wonderful letters and words! Slither is great. You have inspired me to make a word quilt. I have started making names of my family to put into a quilt for my parents' anniversary. I love the great ideas.

ilovebabyquilts said...

Love those words! Making words is going to be my next "stretch" as a quilter. I've been going crazy with making toys lately, but I think i'm done!

sewprimitive karen said...

Habibi! Fix your poor head!

YankeeQuilter said...

This is going to be really fun when they are all together! Hope you had a really big, cold Margarita with your Mexican food!

Joan in Indiana said...

I enjoy your blog so very much - seems there is always something new to see and do. . . you are an inspiration. Stop by my blog and visit me at:

http://JoansJargon.blogspot.com

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad to know LEAP arrived safely! Oh, to be a mouse in the corner as you open these amazing packages and parcels!

Great kitty photos - Angel sleeps in some odd positions, but Habibi wins!!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Great blocks, and I learned something from them--for me not to sew the letters so far apart. they look better closer together

jude said...

there is lots of fun going on here lately.

Nancy said...

Personally, I think Habbibi is auditioning for a role in The Exorcist! Didn't Linda Blair's character's head spin around?
All the words are wonderful!

Lynda said...

Oh, no! All these lovely words, finished, sent and received and all I have to show is half a 'g'! better get a move on!

Unknown said...

What an imaginative group of words; they're great. I'm nearly ready to add mine so please email me your address. Thanks!