Saturday, April 14, 2007

String-Pieced Diamonds

Sad to say that my friend Bonnie is on her way back home. I can't believe how much got accomplished while she was here, mainly by her. I enjoyed watching the whirlwind in action. When I said that I gave Bonnie some of my diamonds, I should have clarified that I only gave her three little ones. She did all the rest of the work herself. This is what some of her diamonds looked like before trimming:

Bonnie got the center of her stringed lone star done. I didn't get a good picture of it, but I bet one will show up on her blog one of these days. Isn't it incredible?

She's going to experiment with border options at home. I'd leave it as is - I'm not sure if that's laziness or not.

I got distracted by another project and didn't sew any more diamonds after my last post. I'll show you pics of the new project(s) in an upcoming post.

My husband arrived last night and it sure was good to see him. The little cats were instantly sweet and happy to see him too, but the big boys hid under the bed. Silly cats. So now my sweetie is off at the beach, his true dream vacation and I need to get back to my quilting. Take care everyone.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy post, all around! Glad to hear you've been reunited and that maybe you can enjoy some down time before heading to Paris.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your DH is back withyou again Tonya - another step on that Paris bound journey

Tazzie said...

I bet you and Bonnie had the very best time. She sure must be a whirlwind to get all that star done - it's amazing!
How wonderful for you to be reunited with your DH, you must have missed him something fierce!
*big hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

AmysBabies said...

It's beautiful! I have longed to do a lone star for years. I am certainly going to give this a try! So glad to hear you are reunited with your husband!

YankeeQuilter said...

Rightnow beach time sounds wonderful! I could do with some stone crab, a magarita, and a large banana split! I'm not so concerned with how I look in a bathing suit anymore. How about fried clams....

Lily Mulholland said...

That lone star truly is amazing Tonya. So glad to hear you've been reunited. Cats are funny little things sometimes!

Unknown said...

So glad you and your husband are together at long last! Enjoy, enjoy.

Thanks for the diamond pictures. I had hoped to see more about this project. Always looking for new ways to use up the voluminous scraps around here.

Carol E. said...

Oh, fantastic all around - friends, gorgeous quilts, and reunion with a long-away sweet husband! Thanks for sharing all this with us. Bonnie is something else, isn't she?!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Bonnies string quilt is amazing! I wish I could have come and played! I can't wait to see Bonnie next week - wish you were coming! Glad you guys had fun though!

maggie said...

wow. this is really a happy piece. you must have been anticipating your hubby's visit:)

scrap quilting is my favorite. i never quite became what's know as an art quilter, because i couldn't get away from scrap quilts, a la gee's bend and all.

atet said...

Woo hoo -- dh there, kitties happy (for the most part) and a great week of quilting? What more could you ask for?

Clare said...

Happy Tonya, happy husband, happy cats = happy family.

Is Paris just round the corner? We are having the most beautiful weather and are thinking about opening up the pool this week.

Mama Spark said...

I love this. Was it difficult? I really want to try the "string thang!!"

Thanks for sharing!