Thursday, July 02, 2009

Scream, Boo Times Two, Soar

My friend Siobhan tried to say that she was the most procrastinatingest of them all. Ha! I got her beat by a mile. Here I am finally finally finally posting the last assortment of the lovely blocks ya'all have sent me. I think I have them all straight, who sent me what, but please let me know if I've made an error.

First up is this delicious scream by Mary C. Look at that awesome A - it's dipping a toe into the water.

Patti F sent me these fun boos. She tried to claim that one of these had an error, but I'm sure not spotting it. Wonderful!

Annie O (of Annie's Quilt Orts) made the fabulous soar - she wrote about making it here. There are NOT too many seams - you did a great job. What a fun font - art deco inspired?

Brown Dirt Cottage Belinda sent the fun stripey hugs - she's got great serifs on these letters.

True Blue Quilting Nana Nancy made the hearty joy. What a novel way to make an O!

Dye Candy's Chris Daly used some of her gorgeous hand-dyed fabric to make this beautiful live. I LOVE this i. Chris kindly sent me some of her fabric - the apricot, orange, pink and lime green colors in particular are gorgeous, but eek, I forgot to take a photo of it before I cut it apart to sew. Oops. I mixed them with other fabric and made a really cute quilt though!

Juliann is living large with this lively live. Mary C (who made the scream up above) showed that she cared - love the A, it's so jaunty.

I was thrilled to get leftovers. Annie sent me an O and Nancy a hearted O and a Y. I don't know why she didn't like her Y and redid it...

Mary also sent me a couple of fun liberated blocks - these will go into the orphan block stash!

On a completely different note, I got some beautiful Bonnie Blues from the Fabric Square Shop. I know, they aren't my usual brights, but they'll be great in the right project.

Can't leave you without a kitty pic. Here's a sleeping Pokey. She continues to do well.

She's fine, the other kitties are fine, my husband made it safely back to Paris. All is good.

Yesterday I had a fun time sewing at the JaMPatch. We all worked on our own projects and the folks I was with made reindeer names. Very cute and of course I forgot to take pics... I worked on my latest scrappy hope quilt. More about that in another post.

Today I was good and finished up a quilt top. Slither, Eek, Boo is complete and it is big. I have lots of photos to share another day.

I am sooo behind on this blog. I'll catch up now that my sweetie isn't here distracting me.

Forgot to mention in my last post that Gwen's new book is being published by AQS and will be out in Spring 2010. Wish it were sooner, but am just plain old happy it's coming out.

14 comments:

Jennifer D said...

I can't wait to see the Slither Quilt!!! All the blocks you posted are fantastic. Pokey sure looks comfy. I have been so busy making word blocks, thanks to you! I have 3 different projects going, so much fun.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Gald to see you back blogging again!!!

Twisted Quilts said...

OMG! The first Y is awful. You can have it!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love all those great words! the deco one is fab. very inspiring! glad your back!

Mary C. said...

I love seeing my stuff on your blog. Everyone did such great work. Thanks for creating so much fun.
Mary C.

Beena said...

I can't wait to see your upcoming posts, to see the pics!
I love these blocks!
And very, very happy to see the pic of a sleeping Pokey looking all cozy!

Deborah said...

Sleepy Pokey is a wonderful sight. How is it that they always find the pile to sleep on? I am in Sedona on vacation and have found (so far) 3 nice quilt shops. When I get home I can't wait to start my first go at making some words. Found the perfect group of sea colors here in Sedona.

AnnieO said...

I'm so relieved my SOAR was acceptable! I was going for sort of a Craftsman-style font, one of my favorites. Thanks for letting me play Tonya! It was a "good thing" to try out new techniques. And to see everyone else's wonders of pieced words!! Can't wait to see the slither, eek boo all finished. Sorry your hubby had to go away but we'll be happy to have you blog again!

Scrappy Raven said...

Fun to see all of those letter blocks by different people. Glad your kitty is doing okay.

YankeeQuilter said...

All those words came out really fun! Glad to see Pokey is feeling up to guarding the quilt stack.

"Princess of putting off...."

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Love the blocks and it's an inspiration. I've got to think hard and come up with something soon--

Magpie Sue said...

Pokey looks SO comfy!

I also love that O in soar... and the extra one - woohoo!

The Halloween words quilt top looks fabulous. Fun, fun, fun!

Sharon said...

All those wonderful words! I am amazed at all the talent represented by all those wonderful blocks/words. Very fun!

Oh, and I love those indigo blues you got! *grin*

Chris Daly said...

These quilts are so much fun. I am loving your show and tell. Pokey is such a ham for the camera too! Glad to hear you cut right into the fabric. I've had a few people that like the way the fabric is packaged and don't want to cut into the box. Hope you enjoyed your 4th of July!