Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kitty in the Way

I sewed bindings onto three small quilts yesterday. Woohoo for progress. Can't show you any of them (sorry about that). Pokey did her best to thwart me, being all cute and sweet and sleepy.

Look at this face. Could you wake her up?

So I switched to another task and amazingly enough she woke up, leapt up, and yet again got in my way.

Gorgeous baby pest.

Meanwhile Lily slept--out of the way!--on fabric

Bibi slept in a box

As did Howler. He is just so unphotogenic. Poor lump of a boy.

Pokey's blood tests came back. She's slightly higher on one thing, but lower on another, so mostly stabile. She's her happy self again - I'm attributing the previous bad week to door closures. She's back to hiding under the bed for just a couple of hours each morning - which is a nice small window to get things done mostly unmolested. I'm almost done with basting the big monster quilt.

I've got a great blog for you to check out, that of quilt expert Julie Silber. Back in the day, she curated the excellent Esprit collection of Amish Quilts (watch a video at The Quilt Complex), which I've never gotten to see but I love the book. She's also the first person I ever heard talk about Maverick Quilts which I love madly - wish I could see her lecture someday. Look at this fabulous Alphabet Sampler. whee. So anyway, that's the background, check out Ms Silber's blog - she's already shown some great antique quilts.

Speaking of Maverick Quilts, Library Gal got to take a liberated basket class with Gwen Marston. Woohoo!

I'm off now to do some sewing and Tour de France watching.

12 comments:

Deborah said...

My husband never understands why I abandon a project just because Rusty has decided to "help". I get a kick out of seeing him so comfortable in the middle of my stuff. This is another excuse for having more than one project going at a time. Never move the kitty, especially one as cute as Pokey. She looks good. We check every day for the health updates. Loved the links. Is the alphabet sampler at your house yet?

Nancy said...

Kitties are never in our way....... we just invade their territory; at least that is what Smokey told me to type.

Hugs!!

Dena said...

Too bad we can't all live the life of a cat. Imagine sleeping on a quilt or fabric all day. lol

Beena said...

Your cats are all just so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Who can say no to beautiful blue eyes like that??

Nat Palaskas said...

Pokey and the other kitties are so cute in this post. Pokey has such very blue eyes. I am glad she is happy again. Thanks for sharing the blog links - Natima

Rosemary B❤️ said...

one of the best things about being adorable... your pestiness is even loved haha

ps: my word verification is "fartra" hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gypsy Quilter said...

You know, if they made a quilts and cats calendar, Pokey would be on the cover!

Thanks for sharing Julie's blog - my kind of quilts!

SewCalGal said...

Ahh. What a great set of helpers you have. They certainly select purrfect fabrics and designs!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

YankeeQuilter said...

I went over to Julie's blog and to here web site...great quilts!

Maybe Pokey and Brownie are emailing at night challenging each other to see who can prevent more work being done?....could be....

Meeri said...

Usually I'm too lazy to read texts. Most of the time I just come here to see what's new with your cats :) Even thou I love your quilts, I think cats are the number one reason why I have your blog in my feedlist. They are adorable!

Unknown said...

What are you talking about, Howler is an unphotogenic lump of a boy?! Howler, cover your ears! Mommy doesn't mean it! You're gorgeous! Really, he's goregous! :-)