Saturday, August 05, 2006

Nerves

I thought of another collection that I have - charms against the evil eye. I purchased this one here in Cairo, but I doubt that it was made here. To see some of my previous posts with these charms go here where you can also see my Trip Around the World quilt, and here and here.

I am a bundle of nerves this morning. Today's the day we have to round up the cats and take them in to the vet for the blood draw. They have to be sedated and blood taken from their necks since the other veins aren't big enough. Then there is all sorts of hassles getting the blood serum sent to the UK for official rabies testing. I'm trying not to think about all that - it happens this evening.

During the day we have some fun stuff planned - first lunch at The Nook which serves british-ish pub food (but no alcohol). My sweetie will be having the full English Breakfast inc beans on toast whereas I will probably have the Bacon, Mushroom, Cheese Buttie (sandwich on a baguette). After lunch, a trip to the carpet shop. I really doubt we'll find what we're looking for, but it's nearby and fun to browse through.

I have been unable to concentrate this week. Sorry, I'm not making progress on the challenge instructions. I will, promise, just not when I'm this discombobulated. Instead I've been doing more hand quilting on Terms, which is so soothing. Well, the quilt itself isn't soothing - rather obnoxious really - but the quilting part is relaxing.

We've been working on getting our place to stay in MD lined up. Still not completely set. We decided to go the honest route and tell them we have four cats, so I'm hoping they don't reject us once my sweetie gets the paperwork faxed to them. And we're doing the mental sorting of what goes with us in which shipment. Aiyee. I hate moving. We have about one month until we (okay, the movers) pack everything up.

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Good luck with the cats today. I hate having to take mine to the vet. In fact I now have to do it several different times since I have 5 cats and 3 cages. Last time I went with 3 cats and when it was our turn they said, "we're ready for the stack-o-cat not." LOL!

Unknown said...

I've had to cancel vet appointments because I COULDN'T FIND the cat. Rounding up four of them? Good luck and hope it all goes well.

sewprimitive karen said...

Stack-o-cat, Nancy, that's so funny! I've had cats disappear when needed, too. Hope the vet visit goes smoothly, Tonya, and we're all thinking of you during your move.

sewprimitive karen said...

Stack-o-cat, Nancy, that's so funny! I've had cats disappear when needed, too. Hope the vet visit goes smoothly, Tonya, and we're all thinking of you during your move.

Eileen said...

Don't apologize, Tonya. You have a lot on your plate right now. It's not easy moving across town and you're going across continents!
I like the charms, maybe they'll help with the cats. lol

Finn said...

Morning Ton, have to tell you that you are not alone with the "mumbo-jumbo" mind just lately. Must be the planetary alignment or something. Confusion and not a clear thought process here either..LOL

I'll hold an extra deep good thought for you about taking the furry friends to the vet for the bloodwork. And certainly for them being admitted into housing in MD.
I seem to be flunking the creativity course myself, lately. Hopefully that will change soon.

quiltpixie said...

at least when you get the cats to the vet, they're with someone trained.... Hang in there and focus on your part in this -- getting them there. They don't have to like it (and wont) but they'll be fine... :-) Courage

Kim West said...

Good luck with the cats - I am sure everything will be fine.

Anonymous said...

Tonya, Moving is such a stress. Do not be too hard on yourself! Take a nap. Read a book. Pack something.
Take pictures of trees and water. (Do you have many trees there?)
I shall be thinking of you and praying for peace and favor and strength for your moving.

Very beautiful charm; my favorite colour again (:

Take special care of yourself

Paula

Joyce said...

Good luck with getting the cats to the vet. I don't envy you such a big move. It's always a hassle but nice to have the movers come in and do the packing anyway. THat must help a lot.

Granny said...

Tonya, It all sounds dreadful! I hope things went well with the cats. You are definitely going to have a stressful month or so ahead of you. Good luck!

Judy L.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hope all goes well with the cats, what a lot of work! Good luck!

Susan said...

I hate moving, myself, so I don't envy you the next month. How did the cats do? Good luck with the apartment.

Tazzie said...

I hope everything goes okay with the cats and the apartment. I'm thinking of you Tonya *hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Judy said...

Well, I think better honest than kicked out later if they find out. Sometimes throwing a little extra money at people gets them to calm down...as in cat deposits..not bribes! ;o) I'm glad I didn't find this post until this mondau morning because it's all over and I would have worried myslef about you and the cats. Now I just need to read up and see how it went. Yikes!!