Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kitties and Fabric

It's been too long since I've posted pics of my kittens. That should actually be "kittens" since the girls are now four and a half years old. You'll also see hints of a project I've been working on, though I think I'm going to set it aside for awhile. Have to say, trying to keep things secret is really bad for my blogging.

Lily:
Pokey:

Upside down Pokey:
Big yawn:

I still don't have a hand quilting project and it's making me nuts. I've put this time to good use though and finally finished my Amish One Patch (which I quilted in Cairo, which tells you how long that has been on my to-do list) and Joyeux Noel. Next is hand stitching the binding of Mini Hotflash. I still have two enormous quilts to add binding to. Sigh. I really shouldn't let these things stack up.
Some more Fungly Quilt Challengers: Woolywoman and Roz.
Sarah posted ages ago on her I-Spy leftover bit log cabins and her love of scraps and I can't remember if I told you about it. Well, doesn't hurt to recommend it twice, because it's a very fun post. Sarah is also an ardent Flickrer and has now created a Flickr group for fans of Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran's Collaborative Quilting. Check it out here.

19 comments:

Donna said...

The candycane fabric is so fun... looks like it'll make great words... :-)

Katie said...

Gosh they have beautiful eyes!

I have some of that candy cane fabric. I couldn't resist it! :-)

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Ooooohhhh big green Lily eyes..she looks about as spacey as I feel! *LOL* I also love the upside down yawn...too funny!

Bonnie

Sarah said...

love your Christmas colors! and thank you for mentioning my i spy quilt and the new flickr group!

Dionne said...

Thanks for all your recomendations. Love finding new, great links, blogs and sites!

Cheers!

henny said...

Hi.. I'm blog walking for quilting blog and found yours. I'm interested to start learning in making a quilt. Could you please tell me the best link I could start as a beginner? I don't have a sew machine and my skill in sew is medium. My blog is : http://hennyssite.blogspot.com
Thank you...

Chocolate Cat said...

Lily and Pokey are SO cute!! Isn't it funny, we still call Fred 'kitty' and he's almost 4 now!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous eyes. Wish I could get our cat Boris to yawn. We just spent a bundle on getting his teeth cleaned and I haven't seen his teeth since!

woolywoman said...

I love how round Lilly's head is- so sweet.

Fran said...

As always Tonya, beautiful kittens, gorgeous eys, and fun quilts to go see. Couldn't get any better. ~~Fran:c)

jovaliquilts said...

I guess we brought your no-show projects on ourselves when we asked for something new in the book -- what were we thinking?!?!? Great kitty pics, though. Lily's eyes are amazing, and the yawning kitty photo is priceless.

Diane said...

Gotta ask ~ Do you always match the photo backgrounds to your cats' eyes? What incredible eyes they are!

Cathi said...

Those eyes!! Oh, my gosh -- what incredible kitty eyes!! Gorgeous!

Browndirtcottage said...

LOVE THE KITTIES and the "go look sees posts"!

Anonymous said...

You sure make me wish I could have an indoor kitty....just look at those cuties!

Sharon said...

Your kitties look so good - they have the most incredible eyes! And you have great camera skills! Love that upside-down yawn!
Thanks for all the links. Love Sarah's Flicker group of Gwen and Freddy-type quilts. Very inspiring! And I'm really enjoying everyone's Fungly quilt-making. Wish I could join in, but too much else going on. Rats!

Tanya said...

The girl kitties are beautiful. How about Habib and Howler? Hope to see some handsome boy kitties too. By the way. I have another one on my blog recently...

Anonymous said...

Look closely into my eyes.. you are getting vvvveeeerrrryyyy sleepy... What awesome photos of the cats. The eyes are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Finn said...

Love the kittie pics! I see you have someone who uses that 'corpse ' pose also...LOL
Its just weird to watch Ebby do that, guess she's settled in now! Hugs, Finn
p.s. I appreciate the rain pics!