Saturday, September 20, 2008

Announcing the Priority Hope Challenge

Instead of holding my usual kind of class this fall, I decided instead to challenge you all to make a small quilt to donate to Ami Simm's Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Go take a look at my blog for the Priority Hope Challenge to find out more.

These are small quilts (no bigger than 9" x 12") and don't take much time to make. Here's a top I sewed this morning:

Yeah, it still needs quilting, and that will definitely take longer.

This is a very worthy cause and I hope you'll take part in this challenge. The deadline to have the quilts in the mail is Thanksgiving, November 20th. See, plenty of time for such a bity treasure.


Let me know if you have any questions. Take care.

13 comments:

Diane said...

A lovely quilt for a worthy cause ~ your generosity inspires and humbles me!

Kristin L said...

I donated to Ami's Priority Alzheimer's project last year. I highly recommend taking part. She is well organized, appreciative, and the money earned goes to a good cause.

Julie said...

Your quilt is beautiful for its sentiment and the cause it serves, of course, but also for your color choice — the yellows and mustards are simply breathtaking alongside some of the more traditional "Tonya colors." Love!

Anonymous said...

Your little quilt turned out beautiful! What a great cause.

jude said...

i'm in.

The Calico Cat said...

Wow that is a fresh take on your letters - the color combination...

Sorry I am making a baby, so I can't commit to anything else.

Brenda said...

Great colours. I'm in. Yesterday my aunt died after a long bout of Alzheimer's, so this one is for her.

Karen said...

My aunt also died from Alzheimer's. What a wonderful way to honor her memory. I just finished reading the rules for making a donation quilt on the Alzheimer's website. It states that donations are excepted any time. It has no ending date. So, is this November 20th deadline for something specific? The only other thing I see on the Alzheimer's website is the Auction that starts October 1, 2008 (I didn't see anything about a Nov 20th deadline for that one) and the Fall Post Card sale, which is on right now.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

"Hope" it means so very much

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely idea. And a wonderful quilt.

Browndirtcottage said...

this is very "eye" appealing...i like the yellows and golds you have added.

PaMdora said...

i love all the colors you've used.

jovaliquilts said...

Tonya, this is really a stunning quilt! Beautiful. A good cause, too. Ami Simms was just at our guild and made a very moving presentation about her personal experience with Alzheimer's.