Thursday, November 08, 2007

Winter Class

I've decided to hold another class, this time with a very specific focus - making a Christmas or Winter themed wallhanging. The goal, as always, is to have fun and to use your own imagination and creativity. The class is open to everyone, with no fee. Everyone can read the blog and leave comments as well. You can find the class blog and what I hope is a whole bunch of inspiration, right here.

I was going to do a longer post about one of my past quilts, but could only convince Blogger to load three of the pics from my photo session. So I'll save the discussion of the quilt for another day and in the meantime, here's the gorgeous Pokey:



She is certainly my sweet loving baby.

On the topic of cats, I have to say that Feliway really works. For awhile I thought it didn't (something about spraying it on the end of the coffee table, watching Howler rub his face right into it and then go directly to the couch and mark it) but that was because I wasn't allowing enough time for it to really work. Howler went nuts during and after my aunt and uncle's visit but after going back to the Feliway and using it several times a day he's stopped the marking. Plus Pokey and Lily slept curled together on the couch for two nights in a row - a big improvement. Looking at the ups and downs of their relationship here in Paris, I can see the Feliway does help.

I definitely need instant proof that something works or doesn't. Like, if I eat this chocolate bar I need it to immediately travel to my hips so that I can see the results of my action. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep eating the chocolate.

It's another gray day here in Paris. sigh. Making progress on Christmas presents though it feels like really slow going at the moment.

18 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Pokey's blue eyes are beautiful! Although that second photo is a bit scary...just like the quilt says!

Clare said...

Beautiful Pokey - her eyes are so so blue.

Oh I'd love to join your Winter class, but I've go tso much on at the moment. Let's see how it goes and I might jump in later if that is ok with you.

Sun has finally come out here - really grey cold and miz this morning.

Ohhhh - I know what I meant to say abou your allergies. Friends who are Asthma sufferers have come out to live full time - Asthma has cleared up. Must be the French air *vbs*

Unknown said...

Hey! I've got some of that black and white fabric.

Beautiful blue-eyed kitty. You can just see in her expression that she's a sweetie.

JennyDillyAnna said...

I'm glad the feliway is working! I think my feliway problems were cat personality related. Buddy is newly on an appetite stimulant which has an added antidepressant. Now the litter box is back to being a mild suggestion, ugh. Feeling a little too liberated in a bad way.

Bad segue, but I'll take it. I'd love to participate in a winter class, but timing might be off the table due to outside influences. Love the three eye'd Santa.

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely blue eyed Pokey! The class sounds like fun, but I have too much on my sleeve already!

Unknown said...

That cat of yours has the most amazing coloured eyes :o)

Lori said...

Pokey has such gorgeous blue eyes!
Feliway didn't help make our former feral kittens more social but I tried it again because our latest addition is a bully toward the other cats. It seems to have helped although he still has his moments. Reminds me that I need to check and see if it's time to replace it.

Joyce said...

Does chocolate go on the hips????? I didn't realize! Lol. Cute cat pictures.

Anonymous said...

pokey the beautiful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that second picture and I'm not even a cat lover. The red is a perfect backdrop for her. When I say I'm not a cat lover, I had lots of cats as a child, on the farm and I named every one of them every year (about 8 new ones each year). I just don't like inside pets, my cats were all outside animals. I love your cat pictures and all of your cats have such great personalities.

Katie said...

That's such an amazing picture with her blue eyes and the quilt colors!

PaMdora said...

oh, I love that photo with the blue eyes!

sewprimitive karen said...

Wonderful Pokey, love the juxtaposition with "scary" lol.

susan said...

Hi Tonya, have looked at your blog many times but never left a comment, have followed your wonky house designs (thanks to Tracey in Australia) she showed a pic of my bat house on her blog. Thank you so much for your inspiration you are truly amazing. love suz xxx

Viola said...

I love your cats.......they are so wonderful. Fantastic the Pokey's blue eyes and black spot on the nose.
Viola from Italy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful big eyes!!!
They're purrrrrfect!

Anonymous said...

Love your Scary Christmas quilt. Really made me laugh and gave me a great idea for one of my kids. They'd love your quilt too. I saw your wonky houses and must say I'm going to do some of those with the stash I have, what a great idea. And the way you do your letters, well I've always hated the thought of doing that but love your ideas. I've got some great inspiration from you, THANKS

Ann said...

Hi Tonya,
I love the way your cats get so attached to your fabric and quilts. And your photos of them are always so good.

You've inspired me with your wonky trees. I'm doing a Christmas quilt and it's much too strait laced.

P.S. You're tagged! I couldn't resist inviting my Mexico buddies to take a look at your blog.Check out my blog for the info on the tag game.