Monday, November 05, 2007

Cemetery Cats

I am such a goober, didn't even realize while I was writing my last post that it was Halloween. D'oh! I had a great time with my friend. We went to Laduree twice - once in the morning for incredibly tasty pastries and in the afternoon for coffee floats (cold espresso with a scoop of coffee ice cream - it was way too strong for me). In between we spent time in Montmartre.

The cemetery there was lovely. Definitely looks like fall, doesn't it?

There were more cats at the cemetery than I have seen in Paris. They didn't look mangy or scrawny, so I don't know if this is a cat sanctuary or someone local has a lot of pets.

Same cat, different angle:



Same cat:

Part of the cemetery is underneath the roadway. Feels a bit claustrophobic - I wouldn't want to be spending eternity right here. There is a cat in this picture, there by the car tire.


I have loads more photos but I haven't sorted through them yet.


I have been busy working on Christmas presents, cutting up fabric and playing with batting - my allergies aren't happy. I can't complain too much - my allergies are always worst in the fall and they have been better in Paris than anywhere I have lived in years and years. Woohoo for that.

My sweetie and I finished watching The Sopranos Season Six, Part Two. Definitely enjoyed it, though the season suffered for being split in two (better than not having the episodes at all). I'd give it 4 out of 5. Or maybe 4.5. I'm glad that it revisited some of the themes from earlier seasons, but why oh why did we never get more of the Russians? That bit in the Pine Barrens with the "interior decorator'? Fantastic. Always seemed like there should have beeen more repercussions from that.

Today was a beautiful sunny day. If only the rest of autumn could be this lovely.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess cemeteries are filled with exotic cat perches. thanks for all your kind comments. i've been a bit lax in responding these days. days filled with stuff...you know. christmas . i can't believe that is coming already.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh my. That big grey cat with the fantastic ruff is just stunning. Think I would have tried to get that guy to come home with me!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, look at that first cat! He is beautiful! I think it is so funny that there are cats at the cemetary!

Judy said...

The "interior decorator" show was hilarious! Weird that so many cats hang out at the cemetery?? Pretty cats though.

Magpie Sue said...

Interesting that your allergies are better in Paris than elsewhere. Can't help but wonder why that might be.

I wouldn't want to be in one of those vaults under the roadway either. Talk about feeling claustrophobic. There would be no escape from the noise!

Love that cat with the long hair. Very leonine.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful photos... and why shouldn't cats live at the cemetery? I wonder why that seems so odd to us? Glad you are able to soak up some sun!!

Donna said...

looks like the cemetery has lots of good sun spots that would warm right up for a sunbathing kitty....

It was interesting to see your photo of the road built right over the cemetery -- around here bodies would be exhumed and moved to make way, but then in Canada there always seems to be more land that could be developed :-)

sewprimitive karen said...

Gosh, it's all so interesting to look at. The cats do look cared-for, thank goodness, and so picturesque hanging out in proximity to the gothic-ness. Seems like those little mausoleums would have shaken to bits during the road construction if not from the vibration of the cars. Wish I could taste those pastries :-).

Lily Mulholland said...

Love the mane on that first puss! That cemetery is a bit weird under the road and all...quieter out the back if I recall!

Unknown said...

The cemetery vaults under the overpass--what a crazy image! They look like they were just unloaded off a truck.

I like the idea of cemetery cats.

Once again, you've shown the Paris few tourists really see. This is just so far from my little microcosm. I just love it!

Katie said...

A road built over a cemetery. Now I've seen it all! And the home to such neat cats. Wow.

Susan said...

That is certainly an unusual place for a cemetery! You find the most interesting places to photograph!