Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Housewarming Party for Bonnie

In honor of Bonnie moving Quiltville to a whole new house in North Carolina, let's throw her a housewarming party. I wish we could all be there in person but this will have to be the next best thing.

Do you want to come to the party? Please make Bonnie a house block from a pattern on Quiltville. That can be a Scrappy Happy House or a far more wonky free-pieced house. Use a red fabric for the house's background so that there is a bit of consistency, but other than that, knock yourself out.

Bonnie will use these blocks to make charity and/or class sample quilts. If you could also include a 4.5" block with your signature on it that would be great too.

Some other suggestions of items to throw in a package for Bonnie: any orphan blocks you might have leftover from making Quiltville patterns. Or heck, make some new ones just for fun. In particular, I bet Bonnie would appreciate crumb blocks -- I know she's teaching a class on that technique and could use some samples.

And as a bit of challenge, how about a scrap of the ugliest fabric you own? Good quality fabric but uuuugly. I love looking through Bonnie's scrap quilts and finding just repulsive fabric in there and yet she always makes it work.

Bonnie's address is there on her homepage, so just make up the blocks and send 'em right to her. And if you could help me spread the word so that everyone hears about the party, that would be great too. Hope to see you all there!

P.S. no, that block up at the top of this post isn't getting sent to Bonnie since it's already in a quilt (and no, you haven't ever seen a photo of the whole quilt). I just needed a pic since I haven't made my house for Bonnie yet. Now I have to hop to it.

15 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

oooooh ~ what fun! I'm in!

julieQ said...

Fun idea, and I will do it too...but probably in a couple weeks! Great idea!

kimberlym said...

I'll make a couple of house to send to Bonnie! Will we get to see the rest of the red house quilt? It looks so cute-love the quilting! It's adorable!

Clare said...

Count me in. I'll also throw in a couple of crumbs. Oh dear. I suppose I'm going to have to get out the reds now too. DH is going to go nuts!

Tonya - that house block is so so gorgeous.

Cher said...

the perfect housewarming gift! one house block coming up....great idea Ton!

Paula said...

I'll play! Thanks for letting us in on it!

Tracey in CT said...

Great idea! I'll get going on this!

jovaliquilts said...

What a lovely idea, Bonnie has been great!

Totally cool quilting around that house block.

Purple Pam said...

Sounds good to me. I'm in. too. I have some house blocks to put together, so maybe they will go to Bonnie. Thanks for sharing this idea. I am sure Bonnie will enjoy it!

YankeeQuilter said...

So fun! I'll make a house and toss in some of the orphans lurking in the sewing room! I also have the ugliest fabric...I can't even give it away! Think blue and pink camouflage...ugggh.

Kucki68 said...

Good thing I was lazy on the Carolina Crossroads block, so I can send them all together.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a wonderful idea! I"ll have to dig something up! I think I know just the block to make!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Thanks for organizing this...I'm in. I made a house block and will send it next week...is that too soon? When do you want Bonnie to start receiving her mail?

Idaho Quilter said...

Yup caught this a little late but I'm in.

MeganZ said...

Fun fun! Is there any particular size or are we just assuming she'll find a way to fit them all together? :)