Tuesday, August 09, 2011

So Much Socializing

I've been doing way too much socializing and not enough blogging, obviously. Last Thursday, sewing day at my house. That's my friend Kathy sewing at her Featherweight, and of course Pokey helping me out.


Bibi jumped up on my lap to get some attention so it was a perfect photo op.  Love Pokey's ears laid back...


Lily at least turned around, Pokey's only got one eye open, I'm making a face and have a firm grip on Bibi's head - yay, family portrait.


My friend Susan is in town from Cairo. I loved living there, but I'm glad we're not there now. We've been driving around looking at real estate for her and eating some fabulous food. Susan brought me some of the scarab beads I love so much. I want to use these in a mosaic someday.


In fact, I'm going to lunch with her in 5 minutes so I have to run. A last look at Legos.


Thanks for the uglies that have appeared in the mail. ya'all are wonderful. yes, I'll let you know more details about how I'm making this. Meanwhile, Julie is making her own version with Flying Geese and it is awesome. She also blogged about it at the UnRuly Blog, so check that out too.  Later, dudes.

14 comments:

Nicky said...

Great quilt but this must have taken some serious stitch time!

Guess it can grow and grow....at a steady pace too!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

What a beautiful family portrait!!

Nifty Quilts said...

It's fun to see your smiling face. Legos is looking GORGEOUS! How does it happen that it looks unmistakably Tonya in color and feel, even when you're using other people's fabrics? I tell ya. That signature just appears, no matter what we do.

Lisa Shafer said...

Wonderful beads!!
And the Lego quilt is stunning. Gee, I think even I could make one like that. Of course, it'd never look as good as yours, but I could try.....

Lisa Shafer said...

PS. It's good to "see" you again with the family photos and all. :)
Seriously, you've barely changed at all in the last two + decades. Wow.
You'll notice I'm not brave enough to put a photo of myself on my blog. ;)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Cute pictures of the family!! Thanks for sharing :)

Teresa Rawson said...

The Legos quilt is so cool...nothing ugly about it! The cats are so funny...they were afraid they would miss something you and your friend were talking about. I swear sometimes that Weasley is an alien from another planet, which is why he monitors me so closely...even during my shower (I have glass doors...it is unsettling sometimes...). This quilt is so motivational for using up scraps...I will check out the flying geese version...

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

sewprimitive karen said...

omg wonderful family photos. Pokey is a riot with the flattened ears.

sewkalico said...

Your lego quilt is getting more and more tempting - it's amazing and so is Julie's with the flying geese!!! Love all the family photos. Beautiful beads and socializing is better than blogging, no?!

cauchy09 said...

aww, sweet kitties!

this lego design has been rattling around in my head for a while and i'm afraid i must give it a go with my own scrap bin! i just wish there were more hours in each day...

Cheryl Arkison said...

Lot's going on!
I can imagine that you are pretty happy not living in Cairo these days.
I've found A LOT of uglies to send you.

Clare said...

Question. Are you foundation piecing?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your lego's quilt is so cool! and you look so happy with your kitties!

Tanya said...

You and your kitties look so lovely! I am late visiting blogs but I so love the lego quilt! Do I dare start another quilt?